Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Whatever Wednesday

I got a garden, I got garden, I got garden!! How about you?!?!

Saturday James made his wife a very happy woman. He put in my garden!! Now we have way super crappy ground so...we opted for the raised bed Square Foot Gardening route. I begged for the book for Christmas and got it and now I am planting my little slice of heaven!!
So here are the pictures folks!

Okay so here is my super duper awesome hubby. One box down and one more to go!! I did not go for the 4x4 method. We did a 8x2 box. We added a trellis on the back for our vine plants.

Here you can see out neat little square foots all marked out. It looks so clean and orderly!

All planted for now. I will be adding in a few more plantings over the next two weeks to stagger my harvest.

In the back along the trellis we have 1 square of sugar snap peas (these are in late:( ), one square of cucumbers, one square of pole beans. Then a few open squares for later planting. Then one square of peppers (we will see how they do up here in WA), and two of beefsteak tomatoes (my fave!!). In the front row of the back box we have 2 squares of celery and one of fingerling carrots. The front box has 4 squares of broccoli starts, one of head lettuce, one of romaine lettuce, one square of radishes and one of strawberries (got to get more of those!). We also have a deeper planter for full size carrots that is more portable and not pictured.

For a simplified and easy read of SFG go here. It is a great PDF to get you info quickly and simply.

3 comments:

Christy said...

OOH! I am jealous! I just ordered the book yesterday, and I can't wait to get it.

Amanda said...

If you need to borrow in the mean time let me know!!

Krystal said...

My peas just broke through yesterday. I am THRILLED!!