Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Menu Rut
I don't know about you, but in my house menu rut is an often occurring phenomenon. We find something we like and then have it at least once every week. Sad but true. With this summer heat we have been doing the burger and dog thing WAY too much.
There are many sited that can help you plan a menu. Just a few are Hill Billy House Wife, Organized Home, and I'm an Organizing Junkie.
When I create a menu I try to have variety. I try to have a meatless night. I also like to have a rice night as well as pasta. Sometimes I plan all three meals(during the school year) but mostly just a weeks worth of dinners.
An example menu for a week might look like:
(quick fix)Sunday: Soft Tacos/Burritos w/carrots and olives
(meatless & pasta)Monday: Penne w/spaghetti sauce w/green beans
(rice) Tuesday: Easy vegetable rice medley with kielbasa
(beef) Wednesday: Meatloaf (or mini meatloaf) w/veggie and homemade rolls
(chicken) Thursday: BBQ chicken and pineapple skewers with fresh veggies
(out of a box)Friday: Mac'n'Cheese and whatever else we feel like ;)
Saturday: Dinner out or leftovers
See I need menu help too! I fully intend to look at the links posted and get some better ideas.

1 comments:

KirstenandDaniel said...

My sister has a recipe blog. http://perkinsgoodeats.blogspot.com
I can't say all her recipies fit in the economical catagory but they are tasty and well organized. When I am in a rut I look there. Thanks for the other web site ideas.