Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Whatever Wednesday

Garden Tips

Parade magazine had some good tips on Sunday. The link to the whole article is here. The tip I am most eager to try is the one about eggs shells and tomatoes.


Eggshells are a good source of calcium, essential for tomatoes; without it, they develop brown patches known as blossom-end rot. Just crush the shells and sprinkle the bits on the soil.


I'll let you know if it works!
Making resumes work
The News Tribune had a great article Sunday on making the most of your resume work. Be sure to check out other links on their page. There is even a free trail at a networking site. You may think you need not worry about this but odds are you know at least one person who is unemployed right now. So if you don't need it for yourself think about those you know.

2 comments:

Sharron said...

My tomatoes are doing fine but I have had bloom end rot on my zucchini and yellow squash. I have crushed egg shells to try that. It takes some time for the calcium to leach out into the soil. I have also dissolved old TUMS tablets as well. I have also worked gypsum into the soil, to help aid in the absorption of the calcium. I have been spraying a calcium solution on the leaves to be absorbed, from the garden section at Home depot. I am starting to get some limited results finally! About 1 in 5 are making it.

Amanda said...

I hate waiting for results! LOL! I am glad it finally working for you.