Monday, November 30, 2009

Money Monday

Kid Speak
What I have talked about this far about what to expect under our tree Christmas morning.
Money is tighter this year for us. We are trying to get out off debt and be better prepared for what ever may come. As a result our Christmas gift budget is much smaller and *GASP* all cash.
So for this year (and those to come) I told my kids that Santa has been asked to only bring stalkings. I explained to them that we have been very blessed to have all of the wonderful things we do have. I told them that Santa would then be able to give more to those kids who really needed it. They agreed.
We are getting a pretty cool family present but that will be it. They will be happy enough I am sure.
As for presents between my kids...i think we will go for some semi-homemade gifts. My kids LOVE to be crafty so this will turn out great. I will post when we start working on them.

1 comments:

Jennifer Tenhagen said...

GREAT ideas! I think I'll have to start doing this next year.