Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Menu Planning


What makes dinner time at my house run a little smother, and planning my grocery trip easy as microwave popcorn? Menu planning. My menu runs Friday to Thursday. So I (try to) sit down every Thursday night and plan it out. So Friday I do my shopping and then I am set for the week. In the morning I can get anything out that needs to be defrosted, and then forget about it until it's time to cook. No more running around like a crazy women or running out for pizza (unless it is planned!). We have saved money and frustrations with a menu.


Here are some great places to get ideas for those times your in a rut, or just want to try some thing new.

$5 Dinners Great ideas and helps save money.


Kraft You can look up specifics or type in the main ingredient you want to use. WARNING!! Watch out for the lady that pops up on your screen talking away. I about had a heart attack today. LOL!!


A Year of CrockPotting Need a new crock pot recipe? Here you go. They have it all from oatmeal to homemade yogurt.



One of my favorite Cheap dinners is from Kraft, Cheesy Beef & Veggie Pasta.



P.S. Here is a great link I just found(thanks Christy) for a monthly meal planner. You just fill in the blanks.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Great post Amanda! I am definately going to dry that Cheesdy Beef & Veggie pasta. Looks good!

Christy said...

OOPS! I didn't check my spelling before I hit submit. I am going to try that pasta, not dry it. I am also sure is Cheesy and not Cheesdy.