Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Canning Beans
Last week I learned a new skill! Go Me!! I learned how to can green beans. My mother in law came over and taught me the ways of canning.

We started with about 11 pounds of fresh beans.


We spent a good while snapping the ends off.


Then I had to put them in the jars, add hot water, a little salt, and then lid them. They cooked in a pressure cooker for 20 mins. and then cooled.


Here is the final product !! I have mixed feelings about eating them. On one hand I can't wait on the other they look so pretty and I don't want to ruin them. LOL!!!



Oh and we tried a new way so yummy melon this past week as well. It is called a yellow doll. It taste like a popsicle.
It has a few seeds but they are all in the center and super easy to scoop out. My kids went gaga over this melon it was just so dang good!! If you get a chance be sure to try one.

1 comments:

thegirlwiththeplan said...

Amanda-

Thanks for the spotlight, I am glad you are enjoying my blog. It is new but I hope it will be a great resource. Yours certainly is. I really loved this post about canning. Your green beans not only are they practical, they even look beautiful! I will surely be highlighting your blog soon for food storage reference. Hooray to new blog friends!