Friday, May 8, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Need, want and some where in the middle.
Somewhere out there between need and want is what we are really going to get. Most of the time our wants are a glorified version of our needs.
EX #1: I need dinner. I want Sonic. (if you know me you know how joyously happy i am we now have a sonic!) What do I get a hamburger and salad made at home.
EX #2: I need a home. I want a craftsman's style ranch house on 10 acres looking out at Mount Rainier. What I get is a modest home on a quarter acre in a ward not to far from Mount Rainer.
We need food, clothing, shelter. We want dinner out, stylish trendy cloths, and a 6 bedroom house on 10 acres. What we should go for is great affordable meals with an occasional meal out, good quality becoming cloths that will last, and a modest house (I am still shooting for 10 acres LOL!!) we can afford.
You don't have to live bare bones and have nothing to be frugal. You don't need to buy low quality items to be money conscience. Be wise with the money you have. Think ahead. Buy a nice house in a good neighborhood that you can afford. Have that dinner out once a month. Buy the good quality shoes that will last more than a few months(on sale of course).
Just make sure you know the difference between need and want. Find that happy middle ground.

1 comments:

Sharron said...

Good post! Wonder if my kids would listen to you more than they do me?!?!!?