Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

A Well Stocked Car
No not an emergency kit. But a sanity kit!!
How many times do you get running errands or on a "short" ride to a friend or relatives home and about half way into it you hear, "I am hungry" or "I need a drink!"
Well I don't play the stop and pick something up game. Most of the time they just need a quick snack.
And that is what they get from me!
I keep a big zip lock in my console with snacks in it.
Each seat in my vehicle has a water jug.
What snacks do I pack?
Per child: 1 cracker pack (think pb crackers or cheese sandwich crackers)
1 granola bar
1 fruit snack
1 drink box
So they get a treat and I get to save $$$$$$. Plus these are great to have on hand in case you do happen to have some kind of emergency.
Other items to have on hand:
Blankets: I keep 4 small fleece blankets in my car. They are comfort items for tired kiddos, toys (think peek-a-boo), and great for wrapping up a I-really-messed-up-my-cloths kid.
Wet wipes: I have those little sanitized wipes you get at restaurants and baby wipes.
Tylenol or ibuprofen: MOMMY and DADDY saver!! You know you need it sometimes! :) Put some in the car. Saves you $$ and a headache.
Plastic bags: yucky clothes, food messes, & dirty diapers

1 comments:

KirstenandDaniel said...

Thanks for the list. Instead of hauling all of it in my diaper bag all the time I can just keep it in the car. Good idea.