Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Whatever Wednesday Gardening part 1

Planning your Garden




As with most things in life we need to have a plan.

What we want to plant. Where and when we are planting it. Here is a great pdf that covers garden planning. Here is the link to the Farmer's Almanac. It gives a time frame for planting just insert your area code and off you go.I figure I will send you straight to the source on this one.

I am planning on Square Foot Gardening this year. James got me the book for Christmas. It was what I wanted. I am planning on getting my area ready this month and hope to be planting mid-late April. I can't wait to share pictures!! Here is a great intro to SFG.

Also container gardening is great for those of us who have limited yard space or live in apartments. Did you know you can plant beans, peas, tomatoes and other vine type plants in hanging baskets? Even herbs would be great this way.

Edible Landscaping. How about adding veggies and fruits into your already exciting landscape?

Happy planting!!!

1 comments:

Just US said...

Thanks Amanda, I'm excited to see the Farmers Almanac site and I look forward to seeing your garden!