Monday, January 11, 2010

Money Monday

Christmas Cash ( Thank Sharron for putting this in my head.)

I know we just got done with that holiday, however there are less than 365 until it is here agian.  So...we must plan ahead.  A few ideas to help you do so are:

Make a per person budget.  List all those you buy for. Include Giving Trees, church Christmas events and other such carities you participate in.  Divide it out by month or by paycheck and start saving that cash now.

Make a gift wish list.  For example my one and only princess wants an American Girl doll.  Oh joy to my budget.  LOL!!  So we will see, those things are quite spendy, but my kids only get stocking from Santa and one awsome gift from Mom and Dad (this year we got a Wii plus a game per person and one family game).
So knowing this is what Girlie wants I can now keeps my eyes and ears open for any cool deals on these ouch spendy dolls.  Plus I can look at sales, clerance items, internet deals through out the year for all of those on my gift list.

Work towards a goal.  I mean literally work.  My family works at our local fair every year for our house hold that equals Christmas cash and ride money.  What can you do to earn that gift money during the year?

Gift swap. What do you make that you can swap with a friend for something they make?  I have a cousin-in-law who makes beaded jewlery.  Anouther is a scrap book wiz.  I like to make sewing crafts.  We haven't done a swap as of yet but maybe one day we would.  It is an idea.  Think about it.

DIY. Make it a home made Christmas.  Now don't fool yourself this takes planning.  Both time and money.  It can be very rewarding though.  It is also great it you have a great stash of craft supplies, fabric, canning jars and wood.  A great stash of leftovers from other projects can save tons of cash.

Well those are my ideas.  Do you have any you want to share?

6 comments:

Christy said...

Love the ideas Amanda! We got Allie and American Girl doll for Christmas 2 years ago, and it was worth every expensive penny!
Miss you! (Wow, I used lots of exclamation points)

Amanda said...

I know Elizabeth would be way overboard happy!!

Miss you too!!

Sharron said...

Well, way to take an idea and run with it, now I am going to stop talking and get busy planning (starting with your great ideas!) and them move my big ole buns! By Thanksgiving I want to bake. cook, and decorate to the point of obscenity! I want Gra'Nanny's place to be total magic when the grandkiddies come over!

Amanda said...

Well then Ms. Sharron you better get hoppin'. LOL!

Nicole Stoddard said...

Awesome ideas Amanda! Thank you so much for all your efforts in this blog. I am learning and applying. Keep it up!

Amanda said...

Nicole I am so glad your visit! Thanks!