Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thrifty Thurday

Just a few quick ideas today.


Before you leave to go out be it shopping or to a friends, check your accounts. Know what money is available. Make a goal not to spend more than you need to.

Think before you leave. Grab a snack for the kids, a soda from the fridge, do you have everything you need. Challenge yourself to stop spending money on silly little things that you already have, and to really think before you buy.

Always have a shopping list. Stick too it. Eat before you go grocery shopping.

Got some tricks of your own, or heaven forbid a problem with one of mine, let me know! ;)

3 comments:

Sharron said...

That suggestion to eat before you go shopping is SO important!! I had to go for lab work yesterday (fasting) and then went shopping. Oh I was so bad!!! I ate finally, fast food, got sick and it stopped the spree really fast ;-]

With the bountiful baskets of produce I am getting, I only shop about 2 or 3 times a month and that is saving me so much money. It takes good planning, but has been well worth it. It is helping us find more money to pay off our one credit card and I am slowing losing the last 30 lbs. the doctor wants off of me. Such a relief!

Amanda said...

You go girl!! Awesome!!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.