Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Just like the Restaurant
One of my families goals is to stop eating out as much. We would like to keep it down to twice a month, but we will probably bee weak and go out once a week. We will try though. So to accomplish my goal I set about to find the foods I love in a cheaper way. Making them at home. Initially this can cost a bit to get set up with the pantry items you will need to have on hand. In the long run though it is way cheaper. Plus can be a whole lot funner than waiting in line and having to possibly put up with bad service or cranky kids (your or theirs).
In may search I found a great little site that hosted some of my top favorites!
Below are a few of my to die fors right off the top!

KFC original recipe!!!
olive garden bread sticks recipe
Outback steakhouse potato soup recipe

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Thanks for the recipe sites. I also find making it at home cuts out a lot of the fat. My kids prefer the homeade pizza now because the store make it to greesy they say.

Andy said...

I'm glad I stumbled on your blog - I love it and I'll be checking back often. One of my favorite sites for restaurant clones is www.topsecretrecipes.com. I've gotten some good ones from there!
--Andy