Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

7 ways I saved money this week.
  1. Planned dinner around my pantry instead of making a grocery run.
  2. Using cards I already have instead of buying new spendy ones for teachers thanks yous. Yes the cards are unused!! :)
  3. Opened the curtains and turned off the lights.
  4. Used a redbox code to get a free movie rental.
  5. We ate in all week.
  6. Made cookies and bread. Also made rootbear floats at home VS. going to DQ!!
  7. Used the BBQ instead of heating up the house.

There are a lot of things I do on a normal basis that most people would consider scrimping it. For me though they are just normal. So are a few of those:

  1. Kids and Hubby took lunches to work and school.
  2. Used powdered milk in my recipies.
  3. Always look at clearance first when shopping.

That's all I can think of right now. LOL!! What are some things you do to save money?

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love the list. Does the powdered milk make the recipes taste any different?

P.S. I have some Miracle Whip coupons for you.

Amanda said...

Nope it taste the same.

Oh I think I might have moyo ones for you!