Friday, April 10, 2009

Food Storage Friday

Where to put it all


The comment I here a lot is,"Where do I store that much?"

I have a laundry room/pantry that I stuff to the gills and i do currently store quite a bit in my mini-garage, but I am running out of room.
So I started thinking of off the wall places to store my food.

I have a shoe holder (you know the pockety ones) on one of my sliding closet doors to hold my seasoning packets, instant oatmeals, fruit snacks, and other odds and ends.


I have invaded my children's rooms. Elizabeth has a good supply of freeze dried fruits and veggies as well as powdered eggs and butter in the upper part of her closet.


The boys room has a great spot but it is used for diaper storage for the time being. GRRR!! ;)

Another idea I haven't gotten to yet is under the bed storage. My bed sits on the floor. So I want the Super Duper Hubby to build me a frame that will accommodate my goodies from the church cannery. (Keep an eye out for that post late this summer.)

Here is a great post from The Pantry Panel. I seriously just stumbled across this blog 2 minuets ago. I can't wait to take a closer look. Any who comment #2 really stuck out to me, but read the whole post.

Commenter #2 said...
I know people who whine about no room for food storage but keep years of accumulated clutter. Look at the items in your home with a discriminating eye and get rid of things you don't use or need. Storage areas housing old board games nobody plays anymore, toys kids have outgrown, yards of ugly, out of date fabric, abandoned craft projects, etc. can be purged to free up room for food storage. When scouting for storage space don't just look for empty spaces but for space being taken up by clutter that could be better used for food storage.

0 comments: