Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Baking Day!!
Now I normally do not have a "day" for baking but I was just in the mood. So I made rolls, bread machine bread, banana bread and breakfast cookies. YUMMY!!!

I was in charge of rolls for all the holiday's since Thanksgiving. Well as of November 22nd I had never in my life made rolls so I learned quick! The recipe I use if from my ward cookbook. They are called Feather Rolls (thanks Celeste!!)
Feather Rolls
In a large bowl ( I use my kitchen aid w/ the dough hook for ALL of this) mix:
1 1/2 cups hot water 1/3 cup oil

1/3 cup sugar or honey 1 1/2 Tablespoons yeast (heaping)
Let mixture set about 10 minuets and get foamy.
Add:
2 eggs 21/2 cups flour 2 tsp salt
Mix well
Add 2 to 21/2 cups more flour (add flour until it pulls away from sides and is not gooey sticky). Knead 6 to 8 minuets (mix on high). Shape into rolls. Place on a lightly greased 12 x 17 pan. About 5 across and 6 down. Let rise until at least double. Cook at 375 for 15 to 20 mins.( I brush mine with butter.)
Now we had these left over from dinner last night so I cut 6 in half buttered them lightly. Sprinkled with grated Parmesan, garlic powder, and oregano. Them placed them under the broiler for 3 or 4 mins. Awesome little breads to go with spaghetti!

I have been trying to make all my bread. One it saves money and two it is yummmmers. Here is the recipe I love. I do have a few adjustments to it. I use 3 tablespoons of sugar vs. 2 and I often do a mix of wheat and white flour. I also butter the top when it comes out.

Okay so since the oven was on I made Danish Banana Bread too!! Thanks Liz for the super recipe!



Danish Banana Bread






1 cup oil 1 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar 2 tbs. hot water
1cup white sugar 2 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs 1/2 tsp. vanilla

2 cups mashed bananas ( about 4 large) 3 cups flour (add last)
Mix in order listed. bake in 2 loaf pans at 350 for about 45 minuets. Cool for 10 minuets and then remove from pans.

Oh and last but not least Breakfast Cookies!!! I put this in our ward newsletter this month, but if you are not in my ward well then here is the very cool blog I got it from The American Homemaker !! This gal is awesome and a total blast to read. She is creative and quirky. LOVE IT!! Oh and the cookies....kids LOVED them.












0 comments: