Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday




Elder Robert D. Hales
This is an incredible talk. So many wonderful words of love and council. Here a few quotes I enjoyed the most so far.
Our challenges, including those we create by our own decisions, are part of our test in mortality. Let me assure you that your situation is not beyond the reach of our Savior. Through Him, every struggle can be for our experience and our good (see D&C 122:7). Each temptation we overcome is to strengthen us, not destroy us. The Lord will never allow us to suffer beyond what we can endure (see 1 Corinthians 10:13).

We must remember that the adversary knows us extremely well. He knows where, when, and how to tempt us. If we are obedient to the promptings of the Holy Ghost, we can learn to recognize the adversary’s enticements. Before we yield to temptation, we must learn to say with unflinching resolve, “Get thee behind me, Satan” (
Matthew 16:23).
This was comforting and helped me feel like the Lord is truly on my side even though this(debt)is a self made problem.
Our success is never measured by how strongly we are tempted but by how faithfully we respond.
I hope that I can respond faithfully. I feel more successful with the progress we have made and i hope to improve more.
I have learned that the three most loving words are “I love you,” and the four most caring words for those we love are “We can’t afford it.”
I pray that I can put these words to better use!!! Now I will not feel bad when I tell my self no, or my kids for that matter!
Please take the time to read this talk in it's fullness. It is truly wonderful!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda,

I sure appreciate your good work and the valuable material on your blog. It's great to be a part of inspiring others to become more self reliant with you.

Scott Keate
IT Manager for the Welfare Department