Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Summer Foods We Love

Summer at our house means macaroni salad!! Yummy!! So I made a batch Sunday and we are still chipping away at it. Tyler took it for lunch and James packs it in his too. I just can't get enough of it.

Macaroni Salad
I never measure for this.

Macaroni noddles cooked drained and ran under cold water until fully cooled.
Hard boiled eggs all chopped up.
Pickles (gotta have 'em!!) diced.
Olives sliced (one can is good two if you are using pre-sliced).
Cheese cubed.
Tuna about two cans drained.
Frozen peas add them frozen.
Mayo or Miracle whip to taste.


Another summer time food we love are Chicken Ranch roll-ups.

Chicken Ranch Roll-ups
(These are generally just for James and I)

2 chicken breast cooked and cubed
Lettuce (I like Romain)
Shredded cheese of your choosing (a mexi mix works great)
Tortillas (just plain flour works but I want to try the Jalapeno cheddar ones I saw!!)
Ranch dressing of your choosing.
And BACON. Cooked and crumbled(we forgot until we were eating them :( )
Layer it in the tortilla and scarf it up!!
No pics sorry we were too hungry!

0 comments: