Friday, April 24, 2009

Food Storage Friday

On your MARKER. Get set. GO!!!

One of my favorite food/product storage tools is the marker. I prefer a good ole black sharpie. Every time I open a jar of peanut butter, a new laundry soap, salt or spice I mark the date on it with my sharpie. When that particular container runs out I have a general idea how many I would need to store for X amount of time. I do recommend this for your longer use items such as those listed above. This is great in the bathroom too. Shampoo, toothpaste and the like. Make a note of how long items last you and then watch for a great sale. Then you will know how much to buy for say 3 months or even a year. Be sure to pay attention to expiration date on stock up items.

2 comments:

Sharron said...

This helps so much. i just used the last of a 6-pk of Charmin TP from Costco that was marked 3/1/09. It lasted 55 days. Can you tell my kids re all grown?

Krystal said...

I've been meaning to start this! But alas. . .I haven't gotten around to it :) I need to get my tail in gear!