Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

What's in your freezer?

We recently did a little freezer stock up. In the top picture you will see our meat supply. On the top right is my sadly dwindling ground beef supply. Next to that is two freezer bags that have 4 vacuum sealed bags of cubed up ham. Next to that are 12 or so vacuum sealed bags of ham slices.
The lower shelf is my chicken shelf. I did two huge chicken breast per bag. I portion all my vacuum sealed bags out to a dinner size. Here is some great information on freezing meat.
This is my cheese drawer. I recently got a little stock of pepper jack. So I cut it into 1lb. blocks and sealed it up. For more info on freezing cheese go here.
I LOVE reusing boxes to organize all my food storage why should the freezer be different. :) I do NOT consider my freezer food storage. 3 month maybe but nothing more. I however do not can meat as of this moment so I gotta have it some where. I buy my meat and most cheeses in bulk and then use my handy dandy food saver to vacuum seal it for my freezer.

If you are interested in learning more about a Food Saver check out this post on Christy's Bargain Jargon blog. YES she found a great deal on these!!
All About Food Storage also has a great post about using your food saver for more than your freezer. I forgot mine could do this!!

0 comments: